Why has Flutter become the best choice for developing a mobile startup app in 2020?
Are you a beginner and planning to launch a mobile app but still have a dilemma about which cross-platform framework to choose in 2020? Flutter can make it more convenient for startups to deploy the feature-rich mobile app without putting a burning hole in your pocket.
Let’s dive deep into this post to determine all things Flutter and why it’s the best framework choice for developing mobile apps in 2020!
With 2.7 million apps on the Google Play Store and 1.84 million apps available on the Apple App Store, it is clear that mobile app development has become an urgent need of the moment for businesses of all sizes. of all domains.
Those were the days of the past when only companies with cumbersome budgets opted to develop mobile apps and websites. With the rapidly changing market and competition on the rise, it has become overwhelming for businesses of all skill levels and startups to survive in the competitive market without having mobile apps for their businesses.
Today, with several options available for startups to develop mobile apps in 2020, you have to wonder why we have chosen Flutter for this battle … (i)
Don’t worry, we have answers to all your questions on this blog.
Highlights of this post
What is Flutter?
Why should startups consider cross-platform apps instead of native apps?
The facts support the popularity of Flutter
Key features of Flutter that make it a winner over other cross-platform frameworks
Why is Flutter the best choice for startup mobile app development?
How much does it cost to develop a startup Flutter app in 2020?
Dive into the information to understand each point in detail …
1. What is Flutter?
Flutter is an open source software development kit (SDK) released by Google to develop robust, scalable, and high-performance mobile applications for multiple operating systems using a single code base.
Flutter is the complete user interface kit that enables developers to develop large-scale applications with the best typography, icons, and scrolling behaviors.
Also, it won’t be wrong to say that even non-programmers have also built flawless Flutter apps.
2. Why should startups consider cross-platform mobile apps over native apps?
Without a doubt, the world revolves around the digital experience and on-demand applications, which have become an integral part of our lives today. The growing popularity of mobile apps and the rise of operating systems bring out the top two concerns of startups:
- With the availability of 3.1 billion smartphones and tables in use worldwide and operating systems (Android, iOS or Windows), how do you launch an application with a limited budget?
- Second, 305 million startups are deployed in the world, how to establish a solid position in the market and stand out from the crowd?
(Image source: chrome-extension: //bnophbnknjcjnbadhhkciahanapffepm/edit.html)
It is true that most companies and startups have two main options for mobile app development (cross-platform and native apps). Still, due to the lack of budget and funding to create a native Android and iOS app, startups are opting for cross-platform apps.
Also, here are the reasons for choosing Software Development Company to build a cross-platform application:
- Low cost application development
- Quick to develop cross-platform applications
- Plugins are easy to use
- Less Efforts To Test App
- Reusability of Code
Now you know why cross-platform is the ideal choice for startups to develop mobile applications in 2020.
Let’s resume our first question mentioned above(i) why Flutter is the perfect choice of cross-platform …
3. Some Stats and Facts Related to Flutter for Mobile App Development
According to Google Trends, Flutter is the second most leading language, followed by React Native for developing cross-platform mobile apps in 2020.
(Image Source: https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?cat=31&date=all&q=React%20Native,Flutter,NativeScript,Xamarin)
Some of the leading enterprises have chosen Flutter to make beautiful apps in record time.
(Image Source: https://flutter.dev/showcase)
According to a Stackoverflow survey, Flutter is the third most loved frameworks, libraries and tools followed by .Net Core and Torch.
(Image Source: https://insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2019#technology-_-most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted-other-frameworks-libraries-and-tools)
Flutter was launched in 2015 by Google, but at the growth rate Flutter applications are distributed at Google play store and Apple’s App store, it will keep expanding and quickly become a top choice of cross-platform app development language in future.
4. Key Features of Flutter That Make It Winner over other Cross-platform Frameworks
Let’s have a look over the key features of Flutter that make it accessible over other languages:
- Fast App Development with Hot Reload
- Flutter is an Open-Source
- Outstanding Catalog of Flutter’s Widgets
The broad catalogue of Flutter’s widget, including scrolling, navigation, icons and fonts, ensure hassle-free app development. Some of the leading brands have developed their app with Flutter.
- Single Code Base For Multiple Operating Systems
Some More Noteworthy Features To Flutter:
- Flutter’s framework is backed by advanced API that enables you to leverage faster, cleaner and smoother app animations.
- Flutter is far easier to embed into your existing app, which means you can integrate new UI in the old app.
- With Flutter, developers can relish Google’s firebase support as a backend which helps them in making serverless and scalable apps.
Google’s Flutter is well-equipped with Native Advanced RISC Machines (ARM) code that helps in making apps for tech businesses and startup ventures.
If you still doubt that startups should choose Flutter over Native applications, then you should know that Flutter uses Google’s in-house Dart language. Besides, it offers best design widgets that allow startups to develop high-performance cross-platform applications at low budget.
Here are the few strong reasons why Startups should choose Flutter for app development:
- Firstly, Flutter allows developers to build apps for both major platforms, including Android and iOS, with a single code base, therefore allowing startups to save a high cost on development services.
- Flutter has an efficient yet portable GPU rendering UI that allows it to work on multiple interfaces.
- Hot Reload feature of Flutter accelerates the app development process and allows developers to view real-time changes in the coding.
- The framework of Flutter supports diverse IDEs including Visual Studio Code, Android Code and Xcode.
- Flutter apps required less time for testing as there is only a single codebase set to review and test. Also, there is a single codebase for both platforms (Android and iOS), therefore, there is a less chance of bugs in coding.
Well, there is no standard price of app development whether you choose Flutter or React Native, but when you hire an Android app developer, the average cost of the app development will be ranging from $5000 to $50,000 and above, depending upon the size, feature and complexity of the application. Also, the cost majorly varies according to what level of the development team you hired for the project and how long it takes to develop.
Since Flutter is a free, open-source platform so startups can easily skip the license fee and be able to reuse the codes to develop an app for other platforms without hiring additional teams. So the only thing that needs to consider is to hire iPhone app developer or mobile app developer with the expertise on dart language. Therefore, the time and amount of money required to build a flutter app can be easily decreased.
With millions of companies launching annually, it is clear that making your brand stand apart in the industry with the tight budget brackets is one of the pressing concerns for the startups. If you are also planning to launch your app without pinching your pocket, then it is worth considering a cross-platform app development framework that enables you to develop apps for both platforms including Android and iOS with a single codebase.
In case you find any confusion at any point of Flutter app development, I would recommend you to hire a flutter app development company that can assist you throughout the process and be able to develop an app under the limited budget.
Further, to determine the cost and time of app development, you can get in touch with the development team and discuss your project details.